Wednesday 22 January 2020

PSALM 51 GOOD NEWS BIBLE

Psalm 32; Psalm 51; Psalm 86; Psalm 122

 
1 Happy are those whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned. 2 Happy is the one whom the Lord does not accuse of doing wrong and who is free from all deceit. 3 When I did not confess my sins, I was worn out from crying all day long. 4 Day and night you punished me, Lord; my strength was completely drained, as moisture is dried up by the summer heat. 5 Then I confessed my sins to you; I did not conceal my wrongdoings. I decided to confess them to you, and you forgave all my sins. 6 So all your loyal people should pray to you in times of need; when a great flood of trouble comes rushing in, it will not reach them. 7 You are my hiding place; you will save me from trouble. I sing aloud of your salvation, because you protect me. 8 The Lord says, "I will teach you the way you should go; I will instruct you and advise you. 9 Don't be stupid like a horse or a mule, which must be controlled with a bit and bridle to make it submit." 10 The wicked will have to suffer, but those who trust in the Lord are protected by his constant love. 11 You that are righteous, be glad and rejoice because of what the Lord has done. You that obey him, shout for joy!
1 Be merciful to me, O God, because of your constant love. Because of your great mercy wipe away my sins! 2 Wash away all my evil and make me clean from my sin! 3 I recognize my faults; I am always conscious of my sins. 4 I have sinned against you - only against you - and done what you consider evil. So you are right in judging me; you are justified in condemning me. 5 I have been evil from the day I was born; from the time I was conceived, I have been sinful. 6 Sincerity and truth are what you require; fill my mind with your wisdom. 7 Remove my sin, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 8 Let me hear the sounds of joy and gladness; and though you have crushed me and broken me, I will be happy once again. 9 Close your eyes to my sins and wipe out all my evil. 10 Create a pure heart in me, O God, and put a new and loyal spirit in me. 11 Do not banish me from your presence; do not take your holy spirit away from me. 12 Give me again the joy that comes from your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. 13 Then I will teach sinners your commands, and they will turn back to you. 14 Spare my life, O God, and save me, and I will gladly proclaim your righteousness. 15 Help me to speak, Lord, and I will praise you. 16 You do not want sacrifices, or I would offer them; you are not pleased with burnt offerings. 17 My sacrifice is a humble spirit, O God; you will not reject a humble and repentant heart. 18 O God, be kind to Zion and help her; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. 19 Then you will be pleased with proper sacrifices and with our burnt offerings; and bulls will be sacrificed on your altar.
1 Listen to me, Lord, and answer me, for I am helpless and weak. 2 Save me from death, because I am loyal to you; save me, for I am your servant and I trust in you. 3 You are my God, so be merciful to me; I pray to you all day long. 4 Make your servant glad, O Lord, because my prayers go up to you. 5 You are good to us and forgiving, full of constant love for all who pray to you. 6 Listen, Lord, to my prayer; hear my cries for help. 7 I call to you in times of trouble, because you answer my prayers. 8 There is no god like you, O Lord, not one has done what you have done. 9 All the nations that you have created will come and bow down to you; they will praise your greatness. 10 You are mighty and do wonderful things; you alone are God. 11 Teach me, Lord, what you want me to do, and I will obey you faithfully; teach me to serve you with complete devotion. 12 I will praise you with all my heart, O Lord my God; I will proclaim your greatness forever. 13 How great is your constant love for me! You have saved me from the grave itself. 14 Proud people are coming against me, O God; a cruel gang is trying to kill me - people who pay no attention to you. 15 But you, O Lord, are a merciful and loving God, always patient, always kind and faithful. 16 Turn to me and have mercy on me; strengthen me and save me, because I serve you just as my mother did. 17 Show me proof of your goodness, Lord; those who hate me will be ashamed when they see that you have given me comfort and help.
1 I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the Lord's house." 2 And now we are here, standing inside the gates of Jerusalem! 3 Jerusalem is a city restored in beautiful order and harmony. 4 This is where the tribes come, the tribes of Israel, to give thanks to the Lord according to his command. 5 Here the kings of Israel sat to judge their people. 6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May those who love you prosper. 7 May there be peace inside your walls and safety in your palaces." 8 For the sake of my relatives and friends I say to Jerusalem, "Peace be with you!" 9 For the sake of the house of the Lord our God I pray for your prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment